Let's face it, growing up can be tough. At school, children need all the help they can get to stay focussed in their lessons and achieve their full potential.
That is why, Mindscious Motivational Youth Maps® are designed specifically to support young people and those supporting them to transform personal energy into outstanding performance and well-being.
Each Mindscious Motivational Youth Map takes only 10 minutes to complete online. This is followed by a full diagnostic report designed to assist a young person to identify their motivational drivers and develop personal insights into how to become self-motivated and self-reliant, lifelong learners.
Each report contains 9 suggested motivational strategies offering practical ideas to empower conversation, thinking and behaviour around the topic of their top motivators and ultimately support the young person to improve or maintain their levels of motivation.
With the guidance of an experienced practitioner each young person, parent/guardian, school or career counsellor and or teacher all receive a customised Map report, providing actionable ideas for improving effective communication, engagement, attendance, performance, and most importantly, happiness!
The Mindscious Motivational Youth Map is based on the same principles and process as our flagship product and services, with revised terminology and strategies to take account of a younger audience.
Learn How Motivators Impact
- Student engagement in the classroom
- Career orientation and satisfaction
- Communication styles and preferences
- Self-Esteem and Confidence
- Goal setting and implementing change
- Decision making and risk management
- Relationships / compatibility/ conflict management
- Possess a unique ability to support schools in unlocking the performance potential of students and teachers, career advisors and special education specialists.
- A school and or licensed practitioners is provided with a dedicated, highly secure login to the map portal, also with the highest levels of data protection.
- Possess a unique propritary methodology designed to assist teachers and schools raise the level of student engagement and attendance.
- Increase consciousness about the educational context and importance of motivation, how to identify, keep and sustain it in the classroom.
- Empower schools, teachers, students and parents for how to model effective communication strategies that take into consideration the power of motivation and how this impacts learning.
- Learn how to provide strategic and connected approaches that add value to the school and teachers' repertoire for effective strategies for teaching and communicating
- Possess and refine techniques designed to raise levels of performance and empower recognised 'underperforming' cohorts
- Creating opportunities to create sustained, long term relationships with schools and educators, becoming a recognised school development partner.
- Assist practitioners to start or continue their journey as an ‘expert' in motivational Youth Maps
- Extend learning in how to integrate (Adult) Mindscious Motivational Maps into schools, working closely with teachers, individuals and in groups.
Benefits School – (depending on the target groups of students)
- Empowered conversations with students, teachers and parents, particularly knowing how to provide appropriate and sensitive types of feedback that empowers students' learning and motivations.
- More effective and holistic opportunities for reporting student progress and growth in areas beyond the curriculum: i.e. resilience, confidence, self esteem, leadership, co-operation, emotional intelligence etc.,
- Greater student participation in their learning journey
- Raised levels of students 'inclusion' /engagement
- Assists in measuring ‘well being’ initiatives for students and teachers
- Improved career guidance conversations
- Differentiation of learning opportunities to meet the students personal needs beyond those demanded by student achievement and attainment in general curriculum
- Increased levels of partnership and co-operation between the school, the parents and the student.
- Design teaching and learning experiences, being mindful of motivation and how this impacts when adjusting teaching to meet the students' individual needs and or special learning requirements.
"It was interesting getting the Motivational Youth Maps feedback and reports, which confirmed that our girls are motivated by totally different things. Things that work for our eldest daughter have no impact on our youngest and vice versa. This process has helped us understand how we can assist them develop as individuals. Can't wait for it to be implemented in schools so that the teachers can get the best out of the students instead of treating them all the same." Debbie and Grant Williams
"Accurate and reflective the data provided was very useful". Harewood College, Learning Co-Ordinator
"As school leaders what we seek to do, is to create the conditions in which a person feels disposed to be intrinsically motivated. And that is possible. But first you need to know what motivates a teacher or a child, because we are not all motivated by the same aspirations or activities. This, surely, is one of the most important tasks for a teacher – to help her students identify what motivates them, deep down. It has taken me many years to realise that achieving what you want is almost always possible; it’s knowing what you want that’s the hard part.” School Principal and Author of The Invisible Ink Series. John Catt Publishers, Andrew Hammond.
‘’All four of my children undertook the Motivational Youth Maps. As their parent I found the results really helpful in understanding the different motivators and drivers for each child. In particular the Motivational Youth map helped me understand why one of the four reacts so differently to the other three. The results also forced me to realise that giving my teenagers more freedom is essential to ensuring their overall motivation and application to schoolwork. Overall really valuable insight into difference. Thanks to the Mindscious team". Parent, Fiona Jolly
"Motivational Youth Maps were really insightful both for myself and for my daughter. The reports gave us the opportunity of seeing what is important in my daughter’s life; what are the things that trigger the hidden motivation as well as what is demotivating for her. It gave information on what I, as a parent, can do to help my child reach her goals and better cope with the intricacies of teenagers. We were fortunate to have Peter as practitioner who delivered the feedback session- Peter is very approachable, has a warm, open personality as well as the ability to quickly building rapport with teenagers which helped a lot in the debriefing session. I found the entire experience a very positive one with lots of learnings and actions for the future. Thank you." Parent, Ceresela Muller
“A confidence boosting experience which has resulted in a confident learner". Reigate St Mary's. Head of English.
‘’My 8 and 10 years old boys did the Motivational Youth Maps. This was really helpful to me as parent in understanding how they are motivated when they cannot really put that into words themselves. Has made a difference to how I can help them choose different paths at primary school such as encouraging one into more science related activities and the other into more team based and creative activities such as choir.’’ Fiona Jolly
“The Motivation Youth Map gave me a better insight into the person I am and what I value. It also game me key ideas about the qualities that may help me achieve what I want and how to better develop those qualities.’’ Student, Sam 17 years of age.
‘'The Motivational Youth Map help me put into words what I know motivates me and helps me understand the best way to learn.’’ Student Nick 17 years of age.
Contact us to receive a Practitioner License Accreditation Flyer